Saturday, April 14, 2007

NaPoWriMo: Days 13 and 14!

Yep, nothing posted yesterday. I wish I could say I had it written down but it was only in my head. You see, my adopted niece and I went to her college orientation weekend at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma. It was really fun as we met up with a former student who attends there already. Her sister, another of my former students was also visiting. We saw "The Mikado" last night. Great fun. I played in the orchestra when we put the play on in high school many years ago. So I thought of a poem last night while watching but was too tuckered out to write.

Viewing "Mikado"
Mistaken identities
Snap! open fan
Giggling begins, campus life
College adventure preview

On the drive home, we investigated the campus of Pacific Lutheran University and it lead to taking a back road. Quite fun. Didn't know you could get from Tacoma to Centralia other than the I-5 corridor. Very tired from driving. Poems up to date.

Taking the back roads
Quiet side hides corridor
Raindrops chase the sun

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Slices of life "make good reading".