Sunday, January 20, 2008

Six Degrees of Separation, Well Maybe Twelve

Last week I wrote about Parade Magazine’s America’s GivingChallenge. My friend and colleague, Peggy Padden. Two of her three sonshave been diagnosed with Fanconi Anemia (Jake died in 2003 from it).
Have you heard about Kevin Bacon’s six degrees site?http://www.sixdegrees.org/. It is a major sponsor of this contest. And you know the idea, everyone is connected by 6 degrees of separation.
Peggy and I are. My daughter went to a wedding a couple of years back in Seattle. I knew that Peggy was going to a wedding at the same time in Seattle. She had just lost her son Jake, and social outings were very difficult. Well, Charlotte, my daughter, calls and tells me she saw Peggy at the wedding. I couldn’t believe it. It turned out that a cousin on Charlotte’s husband side married a cousin from Peggy’s husband’s side of the family. See six degrees of separation…(well, actually probably 12degrees).
So…I am hoping that you will donate to the cause, keep the Faconi Anemia Research Fund at in the top four. Please be sure to select the charity badge and donate through the badge.Here is the site: http://www.parade.com/givingchallenge?source=pressAGC.
I find it interesting that the two top charities are about saving animals. I totally believe that animals should be taken care of and rescued and save. I also believe that no parent should ever be forced to join the “I lost a child club” and hopefully, through research, a cure will be found for Fanconi Anemia. Please consider donating.

No comments: