Thursday, May 29, 2008

One Single Impression: Reflecting



which direction, toes?
the safe, predictable way
or new adventure
dip toe in water
mysterious path

I awoke yesterday morning from a dream which gave me the gift of direction. It was all about the upcoming Kidlit Blogging Conference in Portland.
Based on the dream I created a registration for for the conference. But more important, I took a step, a baby step, down a path I have been thinking about for awhile: I joined the Oregon chapter of the Society for Children's Book Writers ad Illustrators.

Do you know how many times I have looked them up on the Internet (and got information in the mail from them before the days of home computers) and did nothing but look? Like that person peering into the window wishing to join the event occurring inside.

But I did it.
For more information about SCBWI Oregon, click here.
For more information about the Kidlit Blogging Conference, click here.

One Single Impression is here.

5 comments:

Roswila said...

Contgratulations on that not-such-a baby step. :-)

Raven said...

Congratulations on a big/small step and all the new adventures that will come along with it. Brava!

SandyCarlson said...

You go! That is super. That is a big step, and an exciting. I enjoyed your poem memorializing this moment!
Writing in Faith: Poems

Anonymous said...

I think you did more that 'dip your toe'. Nice little poem and nice jump for you.

Annie Jeffries said...

Happy adventuring, Jone!!!