Thursday, August 07, 2008

It is August; I Wake Up Early/ Blogging Conference News

I abandoned the alarm clock in June at the end of school for the summer. Thing is that most days I awoke at 5 AM but did not get out until the 6-7 AM hour. My respite from the school year.
Now the calendar shows August, the alarm clock is back in my life. To build that muscle memory for the upcoming school year. To guarantee at least an hour of quiet writing time and wake up time. To resume those 6 AM workouts.


Me at last year's conference, Chicago


Last week I was panicky over the number of registrations coming in for the Second Annual Kidlit Blogging Conference. “Ye of such little faith!” I should have known that like me, July should be known as “National Everyone Go and Play Month”. I was not home for a full week, why would anyone else be home?
This week airlines are offering “fall fare travel sales” (not to the rock bottom fares I love though)


Bloggers want to see the following topics:
CYBILS
Beginning Blogging
Community blogging
Pod casting
Social networking to promote your blog
And
VLOGGING? Who will lead the session on Vlogging?

I feel a bit like the “little red hen” when I ask, “Who will help out?” Will you help?



Rumor has it that there will soon be some shirts and mugs for sale on Café Press in honor of the conference stay tuned.

2 comments:

Laini Taylor said...

Hi Jone! those topics sound great -- I don't even know what vlogging is! oh wait, I think I get it: video blogging? Sounds scary!

{talk to you soon!}

Annie Jeffries said...

See!? Told ya! LOL, Annie